The band formed in July 2013, and settled into its current lineup in August of that year.
Band-Maid are a 5 piece rock band with a maid cafe image.
~An impossibly hard rocking maid band~
While producing the appearance of maids on one hand - dressing in maid outfits, calling live shows "services", and addressing audiences as "sir" and "madam" - they fascinate those who view their hard rock sound as contrary to their visual style, and are already being rapturously received by "sirs" and "madams" not only in Japan, but all over the world.
In March 2016, the band held its first world tour at 9 places in 8 countries, playing to crowds of over 7,000 people.
In 2017, the band held its first solo tour, playing 8 sold out shows in 6 countries.
The final show of the tour was held at Studio Coast in Shin-Kiba on November 24th, selling out the day it was announced.
An added show at Zepp Divercity Tokyo on December 9th was also a success.
In 2018 the band set forth on conquering the world, beginning with the release of the appropriately named album "World Domination" in February,
and selling out Zepp Tokyo on their April tour.
A world tour began in June. The first date in Mexico sold out in record time on the first day.
Their 3rd single, "Start Over", was released on July 25th.
With a number of shows at Japan's biggest rock festivals set for August, a full blown Maid sensation is sweeping the entire world.
- July - Band formed
- 1/8 1st mini album "Maid in Japan" released
- 2/8 1st solo show "Maid in Japan" @ Shibuya Milkyway
- 7/21 3rd solo show "BAND-MAID® 1st Anniversary Service" @ Club Asia
- 8/13 1st single "Ai to Jonetsu no Matador" ("Love, Passion, Matador") released
- 7/18 2nd Anniversary Solo Service "Breakin' New Gate" @ Shibuya Eggman
- 7/29 Performance at "Otodama Sea Studio 2015 Happy Summer Kamakura"
- 9/13 Performance at "Niku Rock FES Meet & Meat Stage"
- 10/27 Reached 2nd place in the NHK International Broadcasting "J-MELO Breakthrough Artist Showcase 2015" audience poll
- 11/18 2nd mini album "New Beginning" released
- 2/5, 12, 14 New Beginning Tour 2016 held in Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, with additional performance on 2/27
- 3/26 First overseas service at Sakura-Con in Seattle, USA
- 5/18 3rd mini album "Brand New Maid" released
- 5/27 - 5/29 Performance at "MCM London Comic-Con" in London, UK
- 6/12 Performance at "NAON no YAON 2016" @ Hibiya Open Air Concert Hall
- 6/18 3rd mini album "Brand New Maid" released by UK label JPU Records
- 9/18 Performance at "Inazuma Rock Festival 2016"
- 10/9 - 11/5 Tour of Mexico, UK, Germany, France, Poland, Italy, Spain and Hong Kong for "Brand New Maid" Release Tour World Series.
- 11/6 2nd single "YOLO" released
- 1/9 1st Full Album "Just Bring It" Pre Release Solo Show ~Begin the New Year's First Service~ @ Akasaka BLITZ
- 1/11 1st full album "Just Bring It" released
- 4/29 Performance at Arabaki Rock Fest '17
- 5/10 - 6/15 8 performances in 6 cities for the "First Solo Service Tour 2017" All shows sold out
- 6/3 Performance at "Million Rock Festival 2017"
- 6/22 - 6/25 Performance at Golden Melody Awards & Festival 2017 in Taiwan
- 7/19 2nd single "Daydreaming / Choose Me" released
- 8/19, 8/20 Performance at Summer Sonic 2017
- 8/26 Performance at Summer Sonic Shanghai 2017
- 9/24 - 11/24 Japanese tour, with final show at Shin-Kiba sold out on the first day
- 11/3 - 11/11 World tour starting in London, UK, with shows in Paris, France and various places in Germany.
- 12/9 Extra show added to tour at Zepp Divercity Tokyo.
- 2/14 2nd full album "World Domination" released
- 2/14 reissue of "Maid in Japan" album
- 4/6 - 4/13 Higashi Meihan tour held. The final show at Zepp Tokyo sold out in record time.
- 4/29 Performance at Arabaki Rock Fest '18
- 6/29 "World Domination Tour" starts in Mexico, selling out in record time on the first day.
- 7/25 3rd single "Start Over" released
- 8/4 Performance at Giga Maishima Rock Festival 2018
- 8/5 Performance at Rock In Japan Festival 2018
- 8/19 Performance at Summer Sonic 2018
- 9/12 - 1/12/2019 Start of Japanese "Shinryaku" ("Invasion") tour. The tour concludes with 2 days at Studio Coast in Shin-Kiba.
- November - World tour to be announced at several locations in Europe.
- The band's first solo service in America is also set for 2018.